Sunday, February 7, 2010




These are my 8 week photos.......not bad........still swollen around my upper lip and nose area. I think I look pretty normal all in all. I still dont have normal movement of my upper lip do to the swelling. If you didnt know me you might think that I had really bad botox done. Chewing is still odd.....not used to having my teeth in this position still. I am still not opening as wide as my surgeon wants. I am up to 30mm and she wants 40mm. So I am left prying my mouth open with tongue depressors. I am so bad about doing it.......its not painful really its just a pain in the butt. So tomorrow is my first day back at work. I am nervous. I dont like to be gawked at and I know people are going to be coming over to see what I look like. So I will spend most of the day trying to hide at my desk :)

I have almost normal feeling back in my upper lip. I have feeling in half of my lower lip but its not the normal sensations yet. The other half I get zings and tingles so I know that it isnt too far behind at this point....thank goodness. I hate having things on my lip and not knowing it. I saw my orthodontist last week. He said my bite looks terrific. Love to hear that. I am anxious to get all of my tweaking done so I can get these braces off before summer.

I can say at this point I am happy that I did this. It has been a long road and I know its not over yet but it is mostly over. And the worst is definitely way behind me now.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment