Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 day post-op

profile 12-12-09 love my new nose and my new chin
12-12-09 nice drool on my shirt but looking better

right out of surgery 12-10-09


12-11-09 profile



This is 12-11-09 about day 2





















Before profile









Before front view



Good Morning,
First of all let me apologize for how the pictures are posted it was my first time trying to post them. I had upper/lower/genio done on Thursday morning 12-10-09. I got here late I was supposed to be here at 630 and it ended up to be more like 650. They got me checked in in the front and then back to a room where they had me change my clothes and do my labs. Then off we went, my 13 year old, my mom, and my husband came with me to wait. Only one person could come down to the surgical holding room with me and that was my husband, he went down there with me and we chatted with my surgeon while we waited for the anesthesiologist. I was nervous. Cried a litle bitfrom nerves. Finally the anesthesiologist came over and asked me some more questions. This guy looked so much like my brother who died 2 years ago unexpectedly and I was immediately more comfortable. I really felt like he was watching over me :). I Love You Jeff. He gave me something to relax me, and told me that he would be with me the whole time watching me to make sure I was ok. I kissed my hubby and handed him my glasses and off we went. The only thing I remember about the OR was the bright light above me and the music playing in the back round. There were about 10 people in there.


The next thing I remember is waking up in recovery with a super nice male nurse talking to me holding my hand. I guess I had been back there a while because they were waiting for a Sub -ICU room I was in recovery at 330 but not up to my room until about 6. Not that I knew. The recovery nurse said I was the best one of these kinds of patients that they ever had. Where's my badge for best patient?? LOL! My husband finally got some work after being off for about 3 weeks and of course it had to start on Friday. So my Mom has been staying here with me which in hindsight is probably a godsend. I am not sure that my husband could have handled the vomiting and suctioning that went on most of night one. The hardest night was night one. The pain medication that they gave me in the pump gave me motion sickness so everytime I woke up and moved I got sick. Getting sick wasn't as scary or as terrible as I thought it would be. They still had the stomach tube in and anything the tube didn't get they got with the suction or it came out my nose. I couldn't feel it coming out my nose BTW.


Friday was a lot of sleeping, the liquid Vicoden they are giving me is nasty and gives me killer heartburn. They took my catheter out and took the stomach tube out and took me off the IV. I got to use the bathroom and I walked the ward yesterday. They gave me some anti-nauseous medicine last night after the Vicodin and that stopped the heartburn, thank goodness. Slept great last night. except that they moved my room at 1am. Today I am just hanging out and drooling a lot...that's fun. Most of the swelling is in my lips. I hate that ice mask that they have for me. It presses on my throat which makes me feel like I am choking. So I don't wear it very much. At this point I am just amazed about the amount drool. Oh and how huge and swollen and cut up my lips are.


Good things:
I DON'T SNORE!!!!!!!!!!
I love my nose!
I can start to see my new bite and I love it
They are switching me off the Vicodin and putting me on Motrin to take care of the heartburn. Amen. Just took the Motrin and choked on it....it was ok.......I'm ok.
Lots of tingles around my lips, nothing around my chin yet.


Not so great things:
Eating is slow but going Ok
just general uncomfortableness that comes with being banded shut.
my IV stings when they push
I want to take a giant drink of water
Im getting a lot of feeling back (which is a good thing)and my throat hurts today







































































No comments:

Post a Comment