Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 6 pictures





There is my attempt at a smile. It's not bad I don't think for being 6 days post op. I can see where my smile line is going to be and I am very happy with it. \-I was actually feeling pretty darn good last night for the first time due to a few different factors. First of all I got 2 gross clots out of my nose yesterday which made breathing a miraculous event. The second event was that I got more than a few drops of liquid and nutrition down which gave me some much needed color and energy. I actually sat on the floor last night with my husband laughing (well as much as one can laugh with a splint) and teasing each other.

My family has been a godsend and I can truly say that there is no way, NO WAY, that I could have made it through this without them. My Aunt and Uncle came in from out of town for the week to help us with the kids, an imposition so great that I am still trying to figure out a way to show my full gratitude. They came in and ran my household of 5 kids.... 2 teenagers and 3 little guys under 5 years old. It is beyond a full time job. My Mom stayed with me for 3 nights in the hospital so that my husband could work since he had been without work for 3 weeks prior. And she has been here everyday helping with the kids and running me around to doctors appointments. My sister came and sat with me at the hospital that first day out of surgery and entertained me and she has come over and brought me all different kinds of foods to try in the blender and has just been a should to cry on literally on my "wall" day. She brought over my favorite fast food burrito last night so that we might try to blend it up in the next couple of days. My husband has been working non-stop since the day after my surgery and has been taking care of our household stuff and being there for our babies when he gets home from work.

So today is actually day 7 for me and I have another appointment at the surgeons office. I am sure that they are going to clean my splint again. I cant wait to get this splint out. My splint is not only banded to my top teeth but then my teeth are banded together over the splint. Think wet sock in your mouth feeling the whole time. Not fun. 7 days and counting to getting it out. I cannot wait!!!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment