Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 9






Today has been an ok day. I had a small meltdown this afternoon...just a quiet "I am so frustrated that I cant speak" kind of cry. So I remind myself I have about 90 hours or so left in this part of the recovery. A lot of my swelling has gone down on the sides of my face but not at the center. Still very puffy around my nose lips and chin....which are also still very numb. I have better muscle control today but still have a pretty crooked smile as you see up there. Also my lips are not evenly swollen all over and they keep getting hooked up on my surgical hooks in the front. The numb parts of my face have been tingling for days but I know there is no way I am going to get feeling back until I have some more significant loss of swelling. Also I know the splint is not helping at all.

I have been getting creative with the blender the last few days. I have had completely pureed : pepperoni and sausage pizza, cinnamon roll, and a burrito from Del Taco my sister brought over for me to try (thanks Jess!). Eating and drinking has gotten a lot easier but could be much much better without this torture device in place and banded shut. Come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!

My Aunt and Uncle are leaving tomorrow. I am sure that they are ready :) We will miss them terribly and I still need to figure out a way to show them how much we appreciate their help. My family would have been in full nuclear meltdown by now if it weren't for them. LOL!

Hope everyone is well, I'll try and post again before my de-splinting on Wednesday afternoon, but I'm not sure that I will be able to. But I will definitely have pictures up by Thursday morning without the damn splint.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment