Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 10....Emotional day

Not a terrific day. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Just couldn't get comfortable. Then my Aunt and Uncle left this morning, which turned out to be a very emotional event for me. I was so grateful for all of their help and I couldn't even actually speak the words. Then my Mom was going to head home for the night too and return in the morning and I lost it. She opted to stay....she only lives 25 minutes away but having her here is very comforting. Very emotional day for me today. I am so over not being able to talk to anyone. I don't even say a quarter of what I would like to using the computer or the whiteboard. I'm also entirely over the drooling situation. The splint is the cause. Imagine holding a cookie in between your two front teeth and you cant close your lips around it.....yup you're right you would be drooling drooling drooling. Which is what I have been doing 24/7 for almost 2 weeks....very depressing. My surgeon assures me that this lovely little side effect from the splint will vanish when the splint is removed. So frustration is at an all time high. I see my surgeon again tomorrow for another follow up visit. Basically she looks at my sutures and cleans things. So far I have been getting a Gold Star for good hygiene and rapid healing. Amen.

Here is to hoping tomorrow is a better day!

Jen

P.S. I just don't have the energy to post day 10 pictures and there really isn't too much change anyway today.

No comments:

Post a Comment